Technical Gender Specialist
POSITION: Technical Gender Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Reporting Manager– Deputy Commissioner(HR) / Deputy CEO, MPSRLM
- Programme Reporting – IWWAGE, ANANDI, and MPSRLM nodal officers;
- Administrative Reporting – IWWAGE.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CONTRACT PERIOD: Maximum period 2 years, starting from November 2019-October 2021. Annual contract renewal with mutual understanding of both IWWAGE and MPSRLM
BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW:
Madhya Pradesh Rajya Aajeevika Forum (MPRAF) is an autonomous society and the state nodal agency of DAY NRLM in Madhya Pradesh. MPRAF is expected to drive all activities associated with Madhya Pradesh State Livelihoods Mission (MPSRLM).
We are seeking a motivated Technical Gender Specialist for the project. The project will be implemented as a part of the Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (“IWWAGE”) at IFMR LEAD. IWWAGE is partnering with ANANDI to support gender mainstreaming efforts in Madhya Pradesh by MPSRLM.
The Technical Gender Specialist will work closely with the State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) and will be placed within the State Mission Management Unit (SMMU) to work closely with the State Mission team. S/he will be responsible to develop work plans, implement mechanisms, and conduct workshops envisaged by SRLMs particularly to advance the gender agenda. S/he will also support in the management of the proposed pilot study with SHGs and will act as an interface between IWWAGE IFMR and CSO working in Madhya Pradesh.
- Managing the implementation of the planned gender integration and mainstreaming work by MPSRLM;
- Support in the implementation of annual action plans and overall monitoring of the programme vis-à-vis gender in state;
- Coordinate with select District Management Mission Units (DMMU), Block Management Mission Units (BMMUs) and federations;
- Support in training and capacity building efforts on gender integration and mainstreaming;
- Prepare action plans indicating specific tasks, timelines, procedures and outcomes across the envisioned pilots;
- Conduct primary and secondary level analysis/research to support SRLM interventions;
- Attend to matters and tasks assigned by SRLM;
- Submitting Monthly Progress Report (MPR) to Deputy CEO MPSRLM
- Prepare for review of work in every 4-6 months.
- Travel extensively within the state based on the requirement of the programme;
- Fulfil the requirements of the IWWAGE and ANANDI teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required 7-10 years of experience in implementation and management gender focused programmes and projects;
- A. in Development Studies; MSW; Gender Studies or related discipline preferred;
- Should have experience of having on programmes associated with women’s self-groups across different geographies with different donors;
- Experience of working with regulatory/government bodies is the specified states highly desirable;
- Experience in using programme management software including designing tracking and monitoring mechanisms and MS Office;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders and partners, both public and private;
- Proficiency in both English and Hindi.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Please send your queries to IWWAGE_hr@ifmr.ac.in.
Interested candidates can submit their Resume; a cover letter to and a writing sample (Hindi and English) to: IWWAGE_hr@ifmr.ac.in