Senior Research Associate
POSITION: Senior Research Associate
EMPLOYER: IWWAGE at IFMR LEAD
LOCATION: New Delhi
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) at IFMR LEAD aims to support solutions and transformative policies using evidence and research to ensure inclusive and equitable access to employment markets, financial services, economic resources, and social protection for women.
We are seeking qualified, self-sufficient and thorough researchers, for carrying forward the research agenda of IWWAGE. The candidate is expected to have a clear understanding of the gender issues and women’s collectives/self-help groups (SHGs). The candidate should have knowledge of research methodologies and qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyse evidence and research studies/data.
The researcher would be working closely with the Senior Manager to meet research deliverables.
- Support in all activities associated with the collectives/SHG mandate of IWWAGE;
- Conduct and assist in carrying out secondary research and data analysis;
- Assist in conducting research activities, including planning, organizing and
conducting research studies;
- Develop survey design, questionnaires etc. specific to research requirements;
- Collate, organize and maintain research databases;
- Contribute actively in managing project deadlines, maintaining timelines, reviewing outputs and coordinating with funders/research/academic partners;
- Develop policy briefs, factsheets and short research outputs for IWWAGE internal publications;
- Coordinate and assists with activities on data collection, analysis and documentation;
- To perform other related duties relevant to the above tasks.
- MA, MPhil in development studies, gender studies, sociology or related disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the development sector in a relevant role. Work with Self Help Groups (SHGs)/Federations is an advantage
- Deep understanding of gender in India
- In depth knowledge of social science research methods, especially quantitative;
- Proven analytical skills, including working with quantitative data using econometric methods;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
- Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
- Questions and application submission at:firstname.lastname@example.org